Anxiety and ways to cope with it!
Dealing With Anxiety
Sometimes Anxiety is useful, but…
Anxiety, while a necessity for our survival, is what causes us to look both ways before crossing a busy street, for many, this emotion can spiral out of control and have staggering effects on our physical and emotional health.
How Can We Effectively Combat Anxiety?
Most of us are aware of exercises such as deep breathing and meditation that can ease anxiety, but did you know that things like massage and acupuncture can also help with anxiety?
Read on to learn more.
- Acupuncture: A recent comprehensive literature review in Neuroscience and Therapeutics showed that acupuncture was just as effective as cognitive behavioral therapy in the treatment of anxiety. Acupuncture is an ancient form of Chinese Medicine that works at stimulating various points on the body to correct any imbalance in the flow
of energy. You can read more here.
Interested in giving acupuncture a try, we provide this treatment at AgeLess Medical, give us a call at 607.846.3960 to learn more.
- Massage Therapy: Far from just a luxury treatment at a spa, massage therapy has been shown to offer many health benefits, including reducing stress and anxiety. By reducing stress, which can exacerbate anxiety, massage can instill a sense of peace and calm and also help to disengage the body from the fight or flight response that can often trigger anxiety and even panic attacks. Schedule a massage at either of our locations today, your body and mind, will thank you!
AgeLess Spa at Radisson Hotel Corning, NY: 607.684.6121
AgeLess Integrative Medical Spa, Horseheads, NY: 607.846.3962
- Coloring: It’s not just a favorite pastime for kids, coloring can also help to reduce anxiety. Our brain treats coloring like meditation which as we know, can greatly reduce anxiety. There are a host of other benefits to coloring that you can read about here. You can find such books at your local Target, Barnes and Noble and Walmart. You can also find them online, take some time, unwind and color your worries away!
- Aromatherapy: Certain scents, especially lavender, can have a very calming effect. Diffuse them in your home or carry some with you. We offer an assortment of essential oils in our Boutiques.
- Check for vitamin and mineral deficiencies: Certain vitamin and mineral deficiencies can exacerbate symptoms of anxiety and depression as well. While blood work ordered by your doctor can help to determine any potential deficiencies, you may wish to complete a Systems Survey here. This survey asks about several symptoms and can provide helpful information in respect to areas of functioning that could benefit from an extra boost with a supplement from our Standard Process line. Complete the survey and drop off at our Horseheads location Monday-Friday and we’d be happy to score and review the survey with you.
We hope you find this list helpful; do you have any lesser known or surprising ways to reduce anxiety or worry? We’d love to hear from you!Share